Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Black Diamond Cookies

Unsalted Butter- 1 stick, softened
Egg yolks- 2
Sugar- 1/2 C
Four- 1 C
Sea Salt- 1/4 t
Cocoa- 2 Tbs, unsweetened
Baking Chunks- 1/2 C

Set aside chunks and 1Tbs of sugar. Mix remaining ingredients in food processor for 30 seconds or till smooth. Place dough on plastic wrap and roll into log 10" long, 1" thick. Refrigerate 1 hour. Preheat over to 350*.  Unwrap log and sprinkle with 1 Tbs sugar. Cut log into 20 cookies, each 1/2 inch thick. Spread chunks on a board and press cookies into them. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, 1' apart, chips facing up. Bake 14-16 minutes.

The recipe is from off the back of the baking chunks bag. DO NOT MAKE THESE YOURSELVES WITH THIS BRAND OF INGREDIENTS!!  I will make these for you guys when Jill comes next to visit. Just the can of cocoa was over $8!!! I really liked these. They were very thin and kind of crispy and not too sweet. No baking powder or soda, the egg yolks give a little lift though. I burned part of the batch because the boys were gone and the dogs were howling their guts out and I was down beating them. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment