Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kelli Miller's Granola

I gave this to Mark and Paige my Brother and Sister  Inlaw as a house warming gift. They just bought their first home! How exciting for them!!!
Okay when I wanted to make granola I didn't have the ingredients list for either Mom or Jill's so I just winged it when I was at the store. When I got home I also looked on Epicurious and they used butter instead of oil and since the only oil in my house was "robust flavor" or "garlic" I decided against them! So this is my granola I made with a twist on ingredients and a twist on my husband's tastes too. He LOVES vanilla so I didn't add any spice and doubled the Vanilla. It turned out great!!!

 Before Oven!


Ingredients

6 c. Oats
3/4 tsp Salt
2 c. Golden Raisins (Because I LOVE raisins and I love the golden ones!)
1 c. Chopped Almonds
1/2 c. Real Maple Syrup
1/2 c. Honey
1/2 c. Butter ( I used salted because that's all I had)
4 Tbs Vanilla

Melt butter on low heat over stove. Once melted (DO NOT BURN!) add all liquid ingredients together. All dry ingredients together. Combine and stir dry and wet ingredients. Preheat Oven to 350. Bake on jelly roll pan for 15-20 mins. Stir 1/2 way through & make sure to get sides stirred in really well since they brown faster.

2 comments:

  1. Ive never had golden raisins ever i will have to try them. Thats why i modified moms recipe to suit my own tastes. Thats why granola is so versatile and fun! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I am going to substitute for Agave sweetner its the same calories but its suppose to be low glycemic so it helps not make your insulin not spike from sugar.

    ReplyDelete